"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day Forty-Three, Antigua

On Saturday, Mily opened Casa Herrera for all of us to be able to work on our projects due in the next week. We had two projects due, the Creative Project and the Research Paper. I spent all day Saturday at the Casa working on my Creative Project, the Long Count Coloring book. Several other students also spent the day at the Casa working. I also spent a good amount of time talking to the people in my home stay.
I also started reading Prof. Stuarts book "The Order of Days" in order to better understand the long count system and its relationship to the culture of the Maya and the other two calendrical systems. I highly recommend the book to anyone with even a moderate interest in Maya studies.    

No comments:

Post a Comment