"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day Forty-Six, Antigua

On Tuesday I spent another full day working in CIRMA on my research paper. I continued to mainly use the dissertation I found the day before, but I also found an online resource which proved to be a little helpful. Most sources are on the NGO programs in Guatemala and not the public educational systems, so finding information I can use immediately (so something not in Spanish) is very difficult. Even the Spanish books are hard to come by and my pile of resources was rather diminutive. The online source was : Willford, Miriam. "The Educational Reforms of Dr. Mariano Galvez." Journal of Inter-American Studies, Vol.10, No.3, July 1968: 461-473.
Miraculously, though it is different than what I originally intended, I managed to finish the paper by the time CIRMA closed at 5pm on Tuesday. I spent another night working in my Spanish book.

No comments:

Post a Comment