"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day Forty-Five, Antigua

Monday October 10th I was found in CIRMA from 9am to 5pm with just a short lunch period in the middle. I spent the day looking through several books with the exact information that I needed for my research paper, unfortunately solely in Spanish. With two Spanish-English dictionaries and a notebook, I spent the day trying to translate what I would need for my paper due on Thursday.
Near 3pm I found another book in CIRMA, this one a dissertation written for the University of Miami. This source has become the main resource for my paper. Hernandez, Roberto E. Public Education and University Reforms in Guatemala, 1831-1920. Ann Arbor: University Microfilms International, 1979.
I spent the whole day working on this paper, then went back to my home stay to continue working in my Spanish book.

No comments:

Post a Comment