"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Feb 5th


I think I have decided what I would like to do for my first project of the semester. I want to do a piece that represents my godson Johnny-boy and the piece needs to be in a new material. I think I would like to do a Maya portrait of my nephew (I get to be his auntie!) but instead of the material I use for the Maya pieces, I want to use crayons. I feel like this would be a really great piece, representative of childhood and family. I am still trying to decide if the piece will be of just Johnny-boy, or of me holding him, or of his mamma holding him...
I will also be doing two more portraits in The Boston Codex. The first will be of Eric (Johnny's daddy) and the second will be a new portrait of Amanda (mommy) holding Johnny. These will be worked on in the next few weeks along with the crayon portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment