"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Monday, February 14, 2011

Feb 14

So its been a few days since I've written here. I have been busy busy catching up in classes. I got way ahead of myself in Portfolio in comparison with my other classes, so I needed to work some stuff out. I have now applied to present a paper in the Fenway Schools Undergraduate Art History Symposium and I have an interview tomorrow for a summer teaching job. On top of that my count down to Guatemala has officially begun!!

As of now: 17 Days before I leave for Guatemala!!

As for my work in portfolio; I have hit a wall. I finished the quetzal feathers and cleaned the piece up, but I had a legitimate criticism from a friend. The back ground of the piece is a void. the cradle and child float in a nothing space. Now in my other Maya pieces, ones with minimal blue and red, the floating and void works really well. however, this piece, with its bright and dominate colors, contrasts too much with the void around it.
For the life of me, I can't figure out something I like for the background. I will present the piece to my class tomorrow the way it is, and see what they think as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment