"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Feb 3rd

This morning my best friend had a baby boy named Jonathan Patrick. He is 13lbs 2oz. BIG BOY! He is absolutely adorable! (from the one picture I have anyway!)
I've spent the day so far so happy I can't sit still! I am JP's godmother, and though I am not religious I am completely honored to have the role. I will be going to visit the happy family tomorrow with another of my friends, who actually has a means of transportation. I am writing about this not just because I am utterly delighted, but because I feel inspired. I want to make my first piece of the semester about my 13lb godson!

The first challenge of the semester is to make a piece that is made from a material I have not used before. I started something like this at the end of last semester; I explored using pigment and blood in two piece last semester, so I am in the right mind set to start up another piece exploring material. I am thinking I will make a portrait of the cutey. I am not sure what it will be made of yet... I have worked in a lot of materials in the past, and I am not sure where I will go with this yet. Anywho, I have a plan started; I will create a portrait of my godson Jonathan out of a material I haven't used a lot or ever. A new update will come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment