"For most of us the problem isn't that we aim too high and fail- it's just the opposite- we aim too low and succeed."
-Sir. Ken Robinson

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

General Artist Statement

~Explore everything around you and you might find a truth about yourself.

My whole life I have asked myself many variations of the same question: who am I? As an aspiring teacher and perpetual student, I have made it my goal to discover an answer to this question through the exploration of various art mediums, techniques, and imagery. I refuse to hold back when working with a concept or constrain myself with a certain material. Because of this I have worked in 2D mediums: such as painting, photography, pen and ink, etc., 3D mediums: such as metal, textiles, wood, etc., time-based mediums: such as performance, sound, video, etc., and several other mediums. I allow myself to explore all the ideas that come to me and stay open to the inspiration that comes from my environment, my peers, and the history of art. My work gives a hint at who I am and who I will become as I am ever changing, always growing and constantly finding new answers to the question of who I am. I believe that through a lifetime of exploring every art form, method, and material, I will achieve a deep and extraordinary understanding of who I am.

~SK Hampton

No comments:

Post a Comment